Essential oils can boost the mood of any space. Sometimes our homes can become spaces that are full of responsibilities and chores. There’s so many things to keep with like laundry, dishes, dusting , vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, and mopping. The pressure to have a perfectly clean house or space can be overwhelming to the point where our personal space isn’t the safe haven it was intended to be.
It’s important to create an environment at home that always feels relaxed, calming and peaceful. After facing a challenging day, you want to be able to recharge your batteries in this space. Cleaning with essential oils are a great way to infuse calming scents into your home while using a natural cleaning product. It’s a win win situation.
Here is a list of some popular essential oils that are often used in aromatherapy and can be used as household cleaners:
- As a cleaner – It is anti-viral and anti-bacterial, cuts grease, and disinfects
- How it impacts your mood – not only does it have a clean smell, it aids in concentration, boosts the immune system, helps alleviate headaches and fevers. So if your not feeling well, having the scent of lemon in your home can help your body fight off any pending illness so you are healthy and operating at your best.
- How to use it – you can easily use it as a glass cleaner, by simply mixing 3 teaspoons of lemon juice, 1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle.
- Caution – can cause allergic reactions and should not be used in the sun.
Tea-Tree Essential Oil
- As a cleaner – it fights germs and bacteria. It is also used as an all purpose kitchen and bathroom surface spray
- How it impacts your mood – it helps reduce tiredness, nervousness, and increases your energy. Excellent for those days where you’re not feeling 100 percent and you need an energy boost
- How to use it – Add a few drops of tea tree oil to a spray bottle filled with water, shake well, and use on any surface.
- Caution – do not out this on your face or swallow any of the oil, it can be poisonous!!
- As a cleaner – Antibacterial and antiseptic it can be used as an all purpose cleaner
- How it impacts your mood – improves your focus if you’re feeling a little scatter brained. It also improves your memory, so its good to have this scent in the air you’re study or prepare for a presentation.
- How to use it – half a cup of distilled vinegar, half a cup of water and 12 drops of rosemary oil in a spray bottle
- Caution – do not use if you are epileptic, have high blood pressure or pregnant.
- As a cleaner – it is a natural antibacterial.You can create your own bedroom and linen spray with it.
- How it impacts your mood – Lavender is used a stress relieving oil and it smells oh so good.
- How to use it – Add water to spritzer bottle, then add a few drops lavender oil, shake and use.
You can buy essential oils fromt any local health food store and they don’t cost a lot. Try it the next time you decide to clean your space.
I’ve personal used lavender as linen and bedroom spray and it really works! I’ve also used as the tea-tree oil in as a disinfectant, its so easy and makes everything smell so good.
Which essential oil will you try?
Have you used any of these oils as cleaners? Do you have any other tips you want to share that I’ve missed?
. Let me know in the comments below!!
Before you leave, click around the Sincerely Balanced Shop. Click here to browse!